We are there for you. - Our Service for you:
In addition to general inventory management (journal management, acquisition and cataloging, license management) and lending, consulting is our central task and our concern (so, contact us):
- regarding searching, evaluating and processing of information (in short: regaqrding all topics on scientific work) we are happy to assist you
- We will be pleased to assist you with your publication projects
- We will be pleased to answer your questions about publishing in OpenAccess (see recommended OpenAccess-Approach ).
Further tasks are
- Administration and archiving of laboratory books
- Operation and maintenance of the "HZI Publications database" and the "HZI Open Repository"
- Development of further services for specific information
Maintenance and further development of the (technical) information infrastructure
Loan periods and reservations
The usual loan period of media is 28 days. Reference works or serial works can be lent overnight or over the weekend or for a short period, dependent of the media. An extension is always possible if there is no reservation by another patron. You can extend the loan period as often as you need the book, until there will be a reservation. You can extend your books at the infodesk in the library, by Email (bibliothek[at]helmholtz-hzi.de) or by telephone (-1164, infodesk) or on your user account of our library catalogue: Choose Login/ Anmelden and enter your ID (No. on your borrower card) and password to access your account page My library/ Meine Bibliothek where you can extend your books or reserve other ones on loan.
HZI lab journals are handed out to any scientist or technician working in a lab. So this is your individual lab notebook and you are responsible for it. You have to return it to the library when leaving the HZI. When you leave HZI your department or workgroup head may take your lab notebook in permanent loan. But first it has to be registered and catalogued in the library! So please always first return it to the library. HZI library guarantees you 10 years of safe storage.
Based on the recommendations from the German Research Foundation (DFG), the HZI has provided binding regulations to make sure that legitimate scientific work is carried out:
Regulation for working with the laboratory journals of the HZI (further information at "Good Scientific Practice")
For further information please on using our services visit the FAQ.