What does Endnote offer to you?
Endnote (http://www.endnote.com) is a reference management software for Windows and Mac. It offers many options to manage literature/ references (as an individual or a group), work with PDFs and write a paper including footnotes and a bibliography more easily - learn more about Endnote in this video and in the Endnote-Flyer.
HZI purchased a campus licence* for Endnote. You can install Endnote from the Softwarecenter on your workstation (see how-to .
* Due to the campus licence for Endnote it is not possible to install Endnote also on private devices. Please use a trial version from endnote for an installation on a private device: http://endnote.com/downloads/30-day-trial (the trial version can be used longer than the mentioned 30 days)
For more information on Endnote and other reference management software please have a look to section 2 and 3 on http://www.bibliotheca-open.helmholtz-hzi.de/de-de/services/links.aspx
As an introduction you can watch the Endnote-Webinar of Alfasoft (Details in unserer Newsmeldung vom 27. November 2015) .
What exactly does Endnote offer to you?
- Cross-platform: can be used on Windows, Mac* or iPad
- Automatic or manual synchronisation via "Sync Library" of literature collections (both, Endnote Online and Endnote Desktop) via the cloud
- Manual import of references from Web of Science, Google Scholar and many other sources (1. Export of the references as .enw or .ris --> 2. Import in Endnote Desktop: File > Import > Choose File + "Endnote Import")
- Integrated PDF viewer
- Automatic compilation of literature lists / bibliographies (via plug-in für MS Word (Tools > Cite While You Write > Go to Word Processor), in case you use MS Word 2016 see details here).
- Large selection of predefined citation styles.
* Info for Mac-user (8th May 2018):
|ENDNOTE MAC UPDATE
The latest version of EndNote, version X8.2, is compatible with the latest release of Word 2016 for Mac. If you already have EndNote X8, you can upgrade to version X8.2 for free.
To do this, click on the EndNote menu and select "Check for Updates" and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Please contact Mrs. Schulz (sch13) in case of questions or problems.