Do you, as an HZI member, have questions about publishing?
We, the HZI Library team, are your contact for all aspects of scientific publishing (procedure or HZI workflow, possibilities of OpenAccess publishing, processing of publication invoices, etc.). Furthermore, the HZI Library is involved in the publishing workflow and maintains the HZI publication database and the institutional repository, the HZI Repository. In addition, the library is your contact for everything related to publishing.
In addition to media, the HZI Library also manages licenses for access to journals, databases and certain software tools for scientific work.
We are at your disposal.
[the following are the topics:
- Publishing at the HZI (publishing workflow see HZI Publication Rules or your publishing procedure, currently only included in Journals' sub-section Your publishing (OA) procedure)
- Possibilities of OpenAccess publishing, currently only in the area below OpenAccess
- Advice and help, for example, with research, literature management, publication projects (e.g. purchase order allocation, handling the invoicing of publication costs), RADAR, and much more.
Find out on these pages how the library can support you in your publication projects:
Create / Collect
- get Support with research work on request
- we, the library team, provide you with the access to journals and databases
- we also provide you with the literature & media you need for your work : if you are missing literature or licenses or if you have any questions, please contact us : we are open to your wishes and questions, because our task is to provide the HZI with the best possible information infrastructure
- you can use supporting science tools
- find the research data you need (various tools) and open access databases (via database information system DBIS)
Publish papers and/ or publish research data
- Publishing workflow of the HZI (information on "Your publishing procedure" and in the guideline "HZI Publication Rules")
- Understand the various Open Access models (info on "OpenAccess)
- get advice and support from the HZI library regarding publication projects, e.g. purchase order needs, invoicing of publication costs, planned OpenAccess publication, setup & use of RADAR, etc.
- Advice on how to publish Open Access: the HZI Library actively promotes Open Access through its membership in BioMed Central, Copernicus, Frontiers, MDPI, PLOS, PNAS and participation in the DEAL contracts SpringerNature & Wiley, which allows you to publish for free or at reduced prices, see OpenAccess, section HZI and OpenAccess (OA)
- Invoice processing done by the HZI Library: please send us your publication invoice (PDF invoice or -if not available- correspondence with publisher).
- HZI publications are listed in the HZI publication database & -if possible- in the institutional repository HZI Repository either via use of -if published as OpenAccess - that OpenAccess publication or after receiving the final submitted manuscript version. (both maintained by the HZI Library)
- via News of the library ("Aktuelles der Bibliothek" in Intranet) you will get all news about publishers/providers, services, databases etc.
Disseminate / grant access
- Open Access provision on the part of the HZI Library institutional repository HZI Repository
- you might grant access to your research data via RADAR, info on RADAR info page ]intranet[
Preservation / Long-term archiving
- Long-term archiving of publications in repositories, for example in
Exploitation / Processing
- Information on copyright and subsequent use rights on request or also in links, 1b citing, copyright, labbooks, Good Scientific Practice/GWP.
- Use instructions/ materials/ checklists via "Downloads" and "Links" (e.g. on: Scientific Working and Publishing, Avoiding Predatory Publishers, Citing, Copyright, Labbooks, Help with Special Products, Research and Research Support.
(creation 18.1.22 & last update 19.1.22 )